Does working for the leader in the industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Looking for unlimited growth potential with a solid company?
Build your career at OFI Testing Equipment, Inc. and experience the advantages that come with working for one of the most respected names in the industry. In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer competitive pay based on experience, excellent benefits and a positive working environment!
Basic Function: (Purpose of Position):
To assist the Engineering Department which is responsible for the design and creation of new products which meet or exceed industry requirements, as well as custom designed equipment engineered to meet client’s specifications. Responsible for current products sustainability.
Position Responsibilities and specific duties:
- Design and test instrumentation to meet or exceed industry requirements and those of our clients.
- Complete Engineering Change Requests as assigned by an Engineering Manager or Director.
- Create machine and assembly drawings, plumbing diagrams, operations manuals, and test procedures.
- Research and specify components required for special projects and/or applications.
- Estimate costs to manufacture new products and instrumentation designed for specific requirements.
- Provide technical support to the OFI manufacturing group.
- Observe all company procedures/policy requirements.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Beneficial
- ANSYS Analysis
- Proficient Computer Use
- CAD software
- Petroleum Engineering Beneficial
- Proficient Knowledge and Use of Autodesk Inventor 2012 or Higher
Application of Knowledge and skills:
To apply mechanical engineering design to create new products which meet industry standards.
Complexity of Position:
Meet engineering project deadlines and designing instrumentation for processes which have specific design guidelines.
Training / Education:
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Experience with machine shop processes and sheet metal design a plus.
Primarily a desk/office position
Commensurate with experience.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor
Junior Electrical Engineer - PCB and Firmware
For over 40 years, OFI Testing Equipment, Inc. (OFITE) has provided a complete line of instruments and reagents for testing drilling fluids, well cements, completion fluids, and wastewater. The company is based in Houston, TX and provides a broad range of oilfield measurement and testing solutions for the laboratory as well as inline applications. By delivering the highest quality products, exceptional service, and consistent innovation, OFITE has become a global leader in its field.
Reporting to the Electrical and Software Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer will be a member of the engineering team at OFI Testing Equipment, Inc. This is a hands‐on electrical engineering position allowing for training within OFITE. The engineer will help with PCB (printed circuit boards) hardware and firmware testing, validation, and integration controls, data, and Human Machine interfaces. Interaction with external suppliers, research of available outside capability and the ability to adapt existing common of the shelf components are expected part of the job. Flexibility, ability to be hands‐on, out‐of‐box thinking, and a can‐do attitude is required to work with a talented team of drafters, designers, engineers, and technicians.
- Assist in Installation, integration, testing and validation.
- Develop firmware/PCB for new applications.
- Create BOM’s for electrical components.
- In the long term – develop and/or update firmware.
- Maintain revision control for firmware and PCB’s.
- Work with supply chain to assist with parts search, validation, and testing.
- Assist with basic research, experimental work, and data processing and analyses.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Training
- Knowledge of or interest in PCB HW, debugging, wiring, and integration.
- Able to assist engineers in the design and development of new products.
- Interest and course work in Microchip PIC controller programming.
- Interest and course work in PCB design, and design SW.
- Basic proficiency in software development and programming skills. Working knowledge of LabView, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Xamarin and/or Python a definite plus
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and basic Windows.
- Must be a team player and able to work with others, ask questions and take directions.
Training / Education
Recent graduate or active candidacy in an accredited Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology program.
Commensurate with experience.
Primary Equipment Instrument Technician
The purpose of this position is to work according to the production schedule to complete job orders.
Position Responsibilities and specific duties
- Complete tasks according t
- the production schedule, ensuring that the equipment meets performance and quality standards.
- Follow established safety and assembly procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Tools should be stored when not in use.
- Participate on improvement teams t
- eliminate waste in the assembly process.
- Refer jobs t
- team leader for review and completion.
- Prepare complete and accurate documentation of all procedures performed. Non‐conformance reports must be completed on material furnished by vendors that is not supplied as ordered, with follow‐up noted.
- Ability t
- work in other production areas as needed.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor or team leader.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma
- Clean driving record
- Must be able t
- read and understand technical English
- Basic mechanical aptitude and familiarity with hand tools
- Basic electrical and electronics aptitude
- Basic PC/Computer Skills
- Bilingual is a plus
- Plumbing, construction, or automotive experience is a plus
- Technical school or Military experience is a plus
- Must have the ability to lift 50 Pounds several times throughout the work shift.
- Willingness to travel is a plus
This position reports to the Light Assembly Supervisor and Director of Manufacturing and Technical Service.
Contacts Outside Department
- Inventory Control
- Manufacturing Engineer
Contacts Outside Company
The most important contacts are the customers
Hazards Associated with Position
- Exposure to general workspace hazards
- Training is given on how to identify and minimize general workspace hazards
- Awareness of and access to the OFITE General Safety Plan
- Heavy lifting and muscle stress and strain
- Training is given on how to properly lift objects and how to work to minimize muscle stress and strain.
- Work tables and adjustable chairs are provided to minimize muscle stress and strain
- Hand tool and power tool use
- Training is supplied on how to properly us all hand and power tools to minimize the risk of injury.
- All tools are maintained and replace as needed.
- All PPE recommended for use with the tools is provided.
- Exposure to and working with chemicals
- Training is supplied on proper use of all reagents and materials used in the assembly area.
- Training is supplied on how to access and utilize SDS and label information on all reagents and materials.
- All appropriate PPE is provided
- Working with pressure vessels and pressurize gas cylinders
- Training is provided on proper handling, storage and use of pressure vessels and gas cylinders.
- All gas cylinders are secured safely and stored away from the work area when not actively in use.
- Working with and around high temperature systems
- Training is provided on how to operate and safely work around all high temperatures systems
- Actively heating high temperature systems are operated only in designated testing areas
- Working with and around high‐pressure systems
- Training is provided on how to operate and safely work around all high‐pressure systems
- Actively pressurized high‐pressure systems are operated only in designated areas.
- All high‐pressure vessels are pressure tested to a 1.5 safety factor in enclosed test areas
- Working with and around exposed electrical components
- Training is provided on how to safely work with and around exposed electrical components.
- All power sources to the exposed components will be disconnected when actively being worked on.
- Working with and around exposed moving parts with pinch points
- Training is provided on how to safely work with and around exposed moving parts with pinch points
The purpose of this position is to manage the front desk and assist with various pre-sale and post-sale activities.
Position Responsibilities and Specific Duties
Manages Front Desk
- Greets callers and visitors and handles accordingly
- Routes and delivers incoming mail
Assists with Sales Activities
- Sets up new accounts in CRM and ERP applications
- Scans records into E-file
- Notifies ISRs of daily backorders
- Sends out customer surveys and reports statistics monthly
- Reconciles freight invoices and reports monthly
- Sends out weekly and monthly sales reports
- Assists with ordering food for lunch and learns
Coordinates Online Purchases
- Sets up passwords for online shopping
- Processes web site orders
- Processes Amazon and Ebay orders
- Processes stock orders from Midland warehouse
Knowledge and Skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Good communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
This position reports to the Sales and Marketing Director
How to Apply
- Email: Human Resources at email@example.com
11302 Steeplecrest Drive
Houston, TX 77065
These job specifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the positions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.